Everyone has experienced some kind of ailment or problem with their body. Some of these problems are very annoying and unpleasant to deal with. Below are five things that you can do to help get rid of some of these common ailments. Your body will thank you for them.
1. Getting rid of the hiccups.Most of the time, hiccups will pass in just a matter of a few moments. However, there are times when they hang on and become quite annoying. What can you do? Eat a spoonful or two of peanut butter. This will stop your hiccups within just a couple of minutes. When your breathing pattern is interrupted because of chewing the sticky peanut butter, your diaphragm will relax.
2. Something to help you fall asleep.There are times when you cannot fall asleep. You spend a lot of time tossing and turning. What will help? A muscle relaxation technique. You will start with your toes. Curl and then relax them several times. Once you're finished with your toes, work the rest of the way through your body. Focus on each muscle group as you go. Tighten the muscle and then relax it. Your body will appreciate getting the extra rest.
3. Stopping motion sickness before it starts.The upset stomach that is caused from riding in a car, or moving around in some way, is very unpleasant to deal with. Ginger has proven to be a great cure for this problem. About half an hour before traveling, you can drink a cup of ginger tea or take capsules of ginger. It is unlikely that you will have any problems with motion sickness while or after travelling.
4. Relieving pain from a toothache.No one likes to experience pain from a toothache, especially children. It is not always possible to seek help from a dentist immediately though. Put a few drops of clove oil on a cotton ball and rub it around the tooth. This is helpful because the clove oil contains antibacterial properties. Parents can find more great tips for their children's health by reading the books that have been published by Barton Schmitt.
5. A simple way to prevent acid reflux.Some people are tortured with severe acid reflux when they try to sleep at night. Instead of taking over the counter medicine, simply try to sleep on your left side. Doctors and researchers have shown that this an effective way to deal with acid reflux.
Doing these few simple things can help get rid of annoying ailments. Your body will thank you when it is able to rest well and be free from pain.