1. Find a Comfortable SettingTry to find the perfect place and setting that will make you the most comfortable. A quite meeting at home could be best for having an open conversation, but you may want to meet them at the local cafe if you expect a condescending reaction. Let your family know that there is something you want to talk about with them. This way they will already know to give you the floor in order to go over your plans for breast procedure.
2. Have a PlanWhen you have a plan already set for your breast procedure, it is going to go over easier with your family. This way they can hear about your plan and know that you have everything in order for the surgery. It will also do away with the question, “Have you thought this through?” and instead show your parents how you have prepared yourself for the life altering event. This will help relax any fears that they have about the surgery.
3. Go Over Your Reasons For The SurgeryIf you have a reason why you want the surgery, it is best to go over this explanation with your family. This way they can understand fully why you feel the need to alter your appearance. If you don't have a reason at all, it may be harder for them to understand why you want the surgery in the first place. Stay positive and rehearse the different questions your family might ask when they react.
4. Decide Whom to Tell WhenYou don't have to go over anything with your family at first if you don't want to. It is important to talk to your spouse before the surgery so that you both can come up with a plan for your recovery. Other family members can wait to be told until after the surgery if you would like. This way the surgery is already done and much cannot be said about the breast procedure.
5. Know You Don’t Have to Say AnythingYou don't have to discuss anything about your surgery unless you are comfortable. Once you have made the decision for a breast procedure, you have all rights to do what you want. Your family will soon come to understand your reasons, and they will come around to the idea that breast implants weren't a bad idea.
Be happy with the new you that you will become with your breast procedure. You can get the opportunity to build your self-esteem and get the breasts you have always wanted. Your family will soon understand and be happy for you. To find out more about what the best breast enhancement procedure for you, click here.